Translate into your favorite language

Monday 30 July 2012

Rafiqi- Birds of a feather, flock toghether ♥


St837066
When you part from your friend, you grieve not;
For that which you love most in him may be clearer in his absence, as the mountain to the climber is clearer from the plain.
And let there be no purpose in friendship save the deepening of the spirit.
For love that seeks aught but the disclosure of its own mystery is not love but a net cast forth: and only the unprofitable is caught.
                                                                                  -Kahlil Gibran
Every month or so, there are times when I deeply miss some special friends in my life. That's not to say I don't usually miss them or my other friends, but at that given point in time I think of all the moments I have spent with them, the difference of opinions we have had, and most of all how different all these friends are compared to me. Be it background, way of approaching matters or beliefs, the people I happen to be closest to are very diverse, and perhaps that is the main reason why I am close to them. To be honest, why would one want to be mates with ones clones? I don't think I could actually stand if someone were to be alike me. Though I have to admit, all my friends do happen to have a streak of controlled insanity which is very appealing to me, maybe because I can relate to the chaos and vice versa.

I have been infinitely blessed to have met and be cared for and pampered by some very special people in my life, and if I were to sit and write about them all, it would have to be a book and not a blog! Hence I shall write about a few friends restricting the time period to the past one year spanning from the longest association to the shortest one.

AS
Blackenfieldtwo
  • Always placated me.
  • One of the only person I know who sat down and explained to me the workings of a Bullet Enfield engine.
  • Has a weird fascination with heels and guns:)
  • Always appreciated my cooking and Saif Ali Khan's abuses in Omkara.
  • Got better marks in exams using 'MY' notes at the 11th hour.
  • One of the two people I have been in touch over the years.
  • Has some serious brand loyalty.
TAH
Mates
  • A brilliant dancer born with rhythm
  • Will never ever ever forget TAH's presence during some very tough times. A wall of comfort.♥
  • Unearthly hour of learning the shuffle in the parking lot. Still don't know how to do it right though.
  • Very sensible and calm.
  • Amazing appetite
  • An interesting approach to getting phone numbers within 5 minutes when on a bus.
  • Fascinating insistence to stay till the end credits roll in a movie.
  • Family 
AS ( The very colorful one)
Mates1
  • AS's passion and zest for culture and Calcutta is dangerously infectious.
  • The red AS fancies is so bright that with some extra light it can be seen from the moon!
  • We negate each others oddity 
  • Comfort in own skin, and dangly blingy thingi's is fascinating
  • One of the only person I know who is more worried about getting food to eat on the train at an unearthly hour rather than the safety or the arrival of the train!
  • Crying shoulder for a whole bunch of people in a whole bunch of languages.
  • Takes holidays to visit temples in every nook and cranny of the holy world!
  • Very in your face! I love it:)
AMH (AJ)
Cool-top-new-fun-tool-gadgets-for-men-110509_spork_3
When writing about AJ I am actually lost for words. Anger, affection, down right irritability are a few things that come to mind. Lets see if I can be coherent about this one...
  • Possessive about cutlery
  • Has a very strong opinion about Vanilla Indian men.
  • Has an annoying habit of calling right about the time I am thinking about something related to AJ.
  • Represses way too much.
  • Has some weird fascination with cheque shirts and plimsols.
  • Ginormous appetite.
  • Doesn't like answering house phones.
When talking about friends I cannot, simply cannot forget my 3 wonderful Italian friends. They truly live up to the expectation that Italians are one of the most friendly, loving and hospitable people. These 3 people, who are very romantic by nature, highly qualified, red trouser wearing, skiing and leg breaking and looking unbelievably gorgeous at an unexpected stage in life, are remarkable people and my friends.

GO
N526595569_3205952_3319
  • Red trousers never looked so good on anyone else.
  • Had a passion to learn English words that always made me smile.
GVB
St832489
  • Has a very difficult list of what qualities a partner ought to have.
  • Has some very gorgeous Gucci bags
  • An excellent driver who almost drove me to Switzerland without me having a visa!
LJ
Dsc00796
  • I never did quite understand LJ's whole fascination with Indian men.
  • Needs to work on the shuffle dance:)
  • Has an amazing positive attitude
These short words don't even begin to describe the wonderful, diverse and immensely talented personalities of these people, yet the above mentioned are a few things that always make me smile when thinking about them.
Having said that I know for sure that at some point or the other I will get mad at them and start getting annoyed at this blog, but to be honest I know for sure that as my mates they are already familiar with this whacky trait of mine and have learnt to live it it.

As Kahlil Gibran wrote-
And let your best be for your friend.
If he must know the ebb of your tide, let him know its flood also.
For what is your friend that you should seek him with hours to kill?
Seek him always with hours to live.
For it is his to fill your need, but not your emptiness.
And in the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures.
For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.
                                                           ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment